Michelle Malkin has a guest blogger, Diana West, who writes about the Muslim minority's efforts to use circular thought to sway Great Britain to institute Sharia law. The argument is if you allow Muslims to circumvent the guaranteed freedoms of the British people then the flow of British Muslim youth to Jihad will be stemmed . She states, "I would argue that what's going on in GB today may be seen as an attempt by British Muslim leaders to use the ongoing threat of jihad by British Muslim terrorists to intensify Islamic influence, which necessarily deepens non-Muslim British dhimmitude." She points out that taking this route is to basically "give some comfort to the kind of people who say: 'Well, change your foreign policy or we'll blow you up'".
With 2.7% of the British population being Muslim, I cannot understand why the other 97.3% doesn't just give in and convert. Well, as Ms. West points out, it may be British Home Secretary John Reid who said it best, "That is not the British way, it is antithetical to our very central values. We decide things in this country by democracy, not under the threat of terrorism."
Or maybe Gearge Bush said it better, "you are either with us or against us." Maybe the British should take on the slogan used by many Red State Americans, "Love it or Leave it - Baby!."